Education & Training
- Fellowship, Endocrinology, University of Washington, Seattle WA (1971-1973)
- Residency, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma WA (1968-1971)
- MD, University of Nebraska, College of Medicine, Lincoln NE (1968)
- College, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Lincoln NE (1964)
William S. Middleton Award (2020)
Dr. Plymate’s laboratory focuses on prostate cancer and its treatment. There are three areas of funded research in his program. Specific areas of investigation include:
- Targeting the lipid and glycolytic pathways in prostate cancer
- The role of androgen receptor splice variants in castration resistant prostate cancer.
- The development of small molecules to inhibit androgen and androgen- independent growth of prostate cancer.
Dr. Plymate’s laboratory is funded by This work is funded by NCI/NIH, , DOD-CDMRP IMPACT, VA-Research Service, and the Lopker Foundation.