Dr. Hanson is a geriatrician who specializes in the care of older adults with dementia. She completed her training in internal medicine and geriatrics from the University of Washington.
Currently she is a part of the Memory and Brain Wellness Center care team at Harborview Medical Center. Dr. Hanson also works with the inpatient medicine service at Harborview, and enjoys teaching geriatric principles to medical students and residents.
Philosophy of care
I am interested in improving the healthcare of older adults, particularly those with dementia. I believe the best healthcare plans are both evidence-based and patient-centered.
Education & Training
- Fellowship, Geriatric Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle WA (2010-2011)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle WA (2007-2009)
- MD, University of Colorado, Colorado (2006)
- MS, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana (2002)
- College, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana (1997)
- Chair of Medicine Scholars Award (2017)
How diet and macronutrients affect cognition, and how a risk gene for Alzheimer's (APOE 4) affects how the brain responds to different diets.
Internal medicine/geriatrics; dementia diagnosis and management.